Buddhism for the Modern World
We are extremely fortunate to be living in a time when the original, ancient teachings of the Buddha are still available to us. The Buddha taught that there are four steps we need to follow in order to achieve the goal of true happiness:
- Associate with good friends who know and practise the Buddha’s teachings.
- Listen carefully to the teachings of the Buddha.
- Think wisely according to the teachings and apply them to our lives.
- Practice and lead our life according to their instructions. (SN 55:5)
When you come to our monastery and meditation centre you will have the chance to meet people who are learning these teaching and trying to practice. You will be able to listen to the teaching the Buddha, from monks who have been trained in the Theravada Buddhist tradition. All of the teachings and meditation instructions you get when you are here come directly from the ancient scriptures found in the Sutta Pitaka.
We have many resources for you to learn the teachings of the Buddha
- Come to an activity focused on teaching
- Come to one of our meditation classes.
- Listen to past talks
- Watch videos
- Read Dhamma articles
- Download guided meditations and other handouts
- Check out a book from our lending library
- Buy books from the Sutta Pitaka: The Scriptures of Theravada Buddhism from Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk or our on-site bookshop
- Or make an appointment to come and speak with one of our monks. Contact Us